Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Training Day 4/5

Verse
"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him! Matt. 7:11


Facts and Figures
 Training day 4 basically we learned CPR, First Aid, and Water Safety. The class cost and extra $50 which we got reimbursed for later on. There's really nothing exciting in this class but it's really important to know how to handle any emergencies.

Training day 5 was our final Saturday together. Really on this last day of training we interacted with each other, built relationships and heard foster/adopt parents talking about their journeys through the foster and adoption process. The stories that I remember most are one man and his partner had one foster child they ended up adopting and then they had another foster baby who they had to give back. It was heart breaking to hear him tell the story. Both the children had been drug exposed and they had had the second child for a while I cant remember exactly but it might have been even up to a year. This is the chance that you take when you do foster to adopt. Your child could always be reunified with their birth parents. Later the little girl became available because the mother started using again. The partners decided they couldn't take the baby back. That for me was the saddest. It's hard to think of taking this journey without the God connection.

I heard these parents some which had been doing this for a while some it was the first time and I thought how is God going to write our story. No matter what religion, sexual orientation, or race everyone in that room cared about these children. It's interesting because I knew in the room that there were people who fundamentally thought differently then each other but they were talking and getting along like they were family. Every story was different, every process was different and there were no guarantees about anything. As I think back on all the weeks of training I realized that it's important to be trained but it's more important to know God's voice and through that you will always have insider information that seemingly no one else will have.


Thoughts and Journal Entries
October 2010

I can't believe that I finished the classes. This is moving a lot faster then I expected. Paper work is getting finished and all the house things are almost ready. Looking at the empty crib is quite daunting. Am I doing the right thing? Will I be a good mother? Who is this child? All these questions are running through my mind over and over. I can't imagine what this child will be like, where will he/she come from, is she/he even born yet?



I just have to take it one day at a time. I hear the Lord telling me to focus on preparing my life, my resources and all my energy goes to getting ready for this baby. Every time I go into the store I pass the baby section and think what do I need? I buy on purpose one thing to remind me of my goal. Keep focused, continue this journey, fight the fight of love.



No comments:

Post a Comment